Our client is a leader in the chemical manufacturing sector.
About the Role:
Location: Albany, NY (Hybrid). Relocation Assistance is available.
Base Salary: $150K-$170K
Must-have skills: Executive Presentation Skills, Strong SAP Controlling experience (i.e. Group Valuation, Cost Component Auxiliary Split, etc.), Actual Costing.
This position is responsible for serving as high level SAP FICO expert to lead and perform configuration, architecture and development of SAP and related systems with specific focus on the FICO functionality. The role includes working closely with our global business finance team to evolve the overall finance management strategy for the company. In addition, the role will include serving as subject matter expert to junior team members, team members in other SAP/IT functions as well as global business partners in the finance teams.
- Perform requirements gathering, analysis, design and lead the eventual build of projects and enhancements, including technical specifications for all FICO configuration, custom coding / ABAP and interfaces to/from the FICO modules.
- Serve as a project manager on one or more small to large projects executing SAP FICO requirements but have the ability to manage projects that also include other SAP / non SAP functional areas.
- Assist, participate, identify and/or perform configuration activities within the SAP ERP FI/CO module including Material Ledger, Product costing (PCC), General Ledger, Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Profitability Analysis, Asset Accounting, and Project Systems/Investment management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, Engineering or related field or equivalent is required.
- 6+ years of direct technical experience with SAP FICO modules including configuration, customization and operation of related transactions.
- Strong technical and hands-on experience implementing and supporting SAP Material Ledger and Actual Costing
- Good experience in fixed asset accounting, profitability analysis (CO-PA), and profit center accounting.
- General experience in implementing and supporting the integration between SAP modules FI-SD, FI-MM, and FI-PP and intercompany accounting