About the Company:
Our client is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight.
About the role:
Location: Hybrid (2 days WFH and 3 days to work in office in one of the following offices: Louisville, KY; Atlanta, GA; Timonium, MD or Parsippany, NJ.)
Salary: $108K – $114K, plus bonus. Total Comp=$118K -$125K
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
- Advanced level with .Net programming language
- Advanced level with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Advanced level with unit testing, performance testing, and integration testing
- Solid understanding of data structures, programming logic, and design
- Solid understanding of application design patterns
- Embrace CI/CD and code automation
- Experience working as part of an Agile/Scrum Team
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to Detail
- Desire to lead and mentor less experienced teammates
- Strong desire to build business impacting products
- No SQL / Document Databases (Couchbase)
- Messaging (Active MQ)
- Application Containerization (Kubernetes, Red Hat Open Shift)
- Experience with public cloud (e.g., Google, Azure)
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Desire to influence technical roadmaps
- Bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience.