About the Company:
Our client is a global leader in the financial services industry with over 21 locations around the world and 5,000 employees.
About the Role:
Base Salary: $100K-$120K
Location: Hybrid. Onsite in the office on Tuesday & Wednesday every week. Candidates must live near Dallas TX.
Tech Stack: Java, Python, CSS, Angular, jQuery, XML, Springboot, Spring MVC, Jira, GIT
- The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions.
- May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm.
- The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
- The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm.
- Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized by Company.
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with Company’s technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- 6+ years of related experience
- Programming Languages: Java, Python
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring JPA, Hibernate
- Database: MySQL, Oracle, Snowflake
- Industry wide tools: JIRA, Collibra, SharePoint, Apache Maven, Toad, WinSCP, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Ping Federation, GIT, Authentication
- Working knowledge of AWS services (EC2, ECS, Lambda, S3, Aurora) will be a plus
- Knowledge of Risk Systems is a plus.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and communication skills