About the Company:
Our client is a global financial services company with $19B in revenue and over 70,000 employees.
About the Role:
Location: Onsite – in one of the following locations New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Phoenix, or Urbandale offices.
Salary: $110k – $135k, plus bonus
- Lead initiatives related to DevSecOps and Secure-SDLC.
- Define and enhance the company’s Secure Software development Lifecycle (Secure-SDLC) which in turn will reflect the company’s Application Development Security Policy,
- Select and standardize application security tools. This includes vendor/tool assessments and full POC,
- Integrate Secure-SDLC requirements and other security policy/requirements into the DevSecOps processes,
- Define and enhance application security requirements and standards which must be designed for agile development methods leveraging traditional application architectures as well as cloud architectures and container workloads.
- Advise the application security leadership on best practices and standards around application security tools with main focus to unify vulnerability reporting, create predictable CI/CD pipeline processes, and enable application teams to develop new capabilities securely, and free from security defects, by design
- Assess security tools currently used within the various business Software Development Life Cycle processes to identify business requirements, and rationalize the tools set
- Select new application security tools including vendor/tool assessments and conduct full POC to prove that the security solutions/products are fit-for-purpose and fit-for-use
- Draft documentations for the Secure-SDLC and DevSecOps to illustrate the frameworks and process guidelines to internal customers ensuring the style is palatable and easy to navigate
- Assess impact of new publications from the security industry (e.g., NIST 800-XXX, ISO 2700X:2022, etc.) on the company’s AppSec programs
- Research new trends and advise the application security leaderships on impact of the new trends as they relate to currently used tools, tool chain roadmap, efficiency, and effectiveness of current processes, etc.
- Standardize code weakness analysis processes
- Promote the priorities set forth by Global Information Security function, and the roadmap set forth by the Global Application Security
- 5 years+ DevSecOps and Secure-SDLC work experience
- CISSP, CSSLP, cloud security, DevSecOps automation, or similar is required
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience as a DevSecOps Engineer
- Develop/enhance and implement the Secure-SDLC framework
- Design, implement, and rollout DevSecOps automations and tool chain
- Implement sensors to collect data on key metrics for statistics and reporting
- Serve as the subject matter expert in Secure-SDLC and DevSecOps
- Advise on the processes and standards that are designed to implement a company’s Application Development Security Policy
- Experience in designing Secure-SDLC processes and relevant tooling to support the processes
- Experience in software/application analysis tools like SAST, DAST, SCA, IAST, RASP, threat modeling, etc.
- Technical hands-on experience in automating and integrating analysis tools into the DevSecOps pipeline.
- Identify application security requirements and brainstorm solutions
- Assess the tooling and remediation of threats and vulnerabilities within our software/applications, and the hosting environment